News From OEA-R & NEA-R
The OEA-R Fall Conference will be on Wednesday, September 12th. The conference will be held at the STRS Building at 275 W. Broad Street. Free parking is provided at the STRS Building. The conference is from 10 AM. to 3 PM. Registration begins at 9:30 AM. Registration fee includes lunch and materials for the sessions. Send $15 check payable to OEA and send it with preregistration to Bill Otten, 5026 Oak Creek Drive, Westerville, Ohio, 43081. For more information, contact Mariyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Intergenerational Mentoring Program is being organized at Kent, Miami, Ohio University, and Ohio State University. The program pairs retired teachers with the OEA student members. There are three group meetings a year. Mentors are needed. If you would be interested in becoming a mentor, please call 614-299-4841.
There are many reasons to continue membership in OEA and NEA From OEA-R and NEA-R
- Participation in the Intergenerational Mentoring Program
- Participation in regional, district, state, and national meetings
- Discount programs on hotels, restaurants, car rentals, shopping, travel, and more
- Personal legal help NEA Member Benefits
- Liability Insurance for causal substituting
- Exclusive Health Coverage
- Affordable Insurance
- Credit Cards with low annual rates
- Professional Magazines and more
CEA-R is a member of the Capital District of the OEA.
Marilyn Allen is our representative.
NEA -- December, 2011
Thomas R. Brown Athletic Grants
NEA Academy: Strengthen Your Skills & Credentials
Choosing A Home Loan
Six Tips to Improving Your Credit Health
Hot Deals & Discounts for NEA Members